Anahat is currently running Project Udaan in 4 GPs of Kandi block in Murshidabad district, West Bengal. The project seeks to empower 1000 adolescent girl on sexual reproductive health rights (SRH) & gender based education through right based approach. Our program is designed to help them tackle harmful social and gender norms by creating awareness on their rights, promoting agency and developing interpersonal skills.
- We engage the “men” & “boys” in the community under the program so that they can receive the correct information on SRH and can be a support to the society.
- We provide master training to ASHAs, ANMs and AWWs to provide trainings on gender, rights & sexuality. Project Udaan trains them in a way so that there is a healthy communication between the govt health workers and young boys & girls on any topic related to health like contraception and menstrual health.
- We have introduced a tailoring course in the area with a aim to empower the young married women in the area with a skill so that they can earn their own income.
Our Activities :
- We work with different elements of the community to ensure a comprehensive impact of our interventions and programmes. Shifting norms and deep-rooted practice requires us to work with parents, teachers, frontline health workers and PRI members.
- We have also introduced “Sports” in the form of “Football For Her” program under Project Udaan which will create a strong sense of self esteem among the girls and will boost confidence in them. The players will become role models and a source of inspiration in their area.